Had a customer who wanted to update an Outlook contact who is part of a group email address. When we deleted the user in the group the group was gone.
We looked at was to recover. The big suggestion was to recover deleted items. We went into deleted items but the group wasn’t there. They are running an internal Exchange 2012. We looked at there OWA to try to recover.
The following article helps me solve this. It was the least technical link, but solved my issue.
The big issue is when you delete a group it goes into the deleted items with the date the group was started and not the date the group was deleted. I went back into the deleted items and at the bottom there was a link to see more and the item I was looking for was at the bottom.
I recently updated virtumart in a Joomla 3.6.5 site and got the following error.
1054 Unknown column ‘product_stockhandle’ in ‘field list’ SQL=UPDATE `#__virtuemart_products` SET `virtuemart_vendor_id`=’1′,
It was longer than that, but I needed to fix the site so I don’t the rest would help. I could be wrong.
My last back up was too long ago. I was kind of screwed.
I restored the backup in a close directory on the production server. It was on https so I couldn’t do it localhost. I exported all the virtuemart tables in one MySQL statement by selecting “custom” when exporting. I did have to move the images/stories/virtumart directory. After that the store was operating normally. I made a backup before doing anything else.
I used FTP and copied the components/virtumart directory over to the site that had issue; however, this didn’t fix the issue. Not sure what broke.
Have customer syncing his Business OneDrive on his personal laptop with Office 365 and his work desktop. The document was created on the laptop, and synced with 365. When he got to work the document wasn’t on his work machine and when he tried to sync he got the following error.
With more probing I found out the customer had a 40 gig folder he was syncing and it just took time. That is why the “already syncing” warning came up.
A took over an infected WordPress site. I had Sucuri clean the malware. The hosting was a mess. There were three WordPress installs in this hosting account, but only one was the site. It took a while to figure which one was the live site.
While trying to update core I got the following.
The following article helped me shed some light on the situation.
We recently installed a Barracuda firewall and accidentally left “Proxy” on. This caused our IP to used as a spam relay which got our IP put on a blacklist. A trace route from our server to mtb.com showed the packets getting to MTB.com and stopping. We assumed it was MTB.com blocking the ip.
MTB said they get their blacklist for outside sources. They directed me to the following site were I was able to submit a request to get the IP off of the blacklist.
I could see that the IP was showing as suspect. I clicked on the “IP Reputation” and submitted the IP for review. I knew the proxy issue was resolved the IP should be cleared. This didn’t resolve the issue.
I discovered Barracuda has their own IP blocked. This showed our IP as not having a “poor” reputation.
Moving a customers WordPress site to a new hosting plan I ran into this error.
This turned out to be an semi-easy fix. The website size was too large for the hosting. Well not really; however, Akeeba requires 2.5 times the size of the site to fully extract the site.
I looked at the website files to see where I could trim some fat. The site was 400 megs. There was a folder called “wp-snapshots” which held a backup. I removed all the extraneous files including my first Akeeba backup. Made a new backup which was only 40 megs. This time when I ran Kickstart the site installed without an issue.
Had a customer who’s computer was taking hours to start. The update would install automatically. When the user would shut down or restart the update would install which took an hour and requires a reboot. The machine when rebooting would take a long time to install the update. It would get to 100% run into an error and would have to uninstall the update.
Windows 10 doesn’t allow a user to not install updates. Suggestions said to run SFC /now in the command prompt as the administrator. For the scan came back with no errors.
I tried the Windows updater trouble-shooter tool, but this didn’t fix the issue. Here is the link I used.
There were two updates for this Cumulative Update. The main update and the Security update.
I installed the main update. It took a couple of hours. I tried to run the second update; however, it said I had the wrong version. The update packages came from the same page, so I assumed I just needed to restart.
The machine took 6 hours to restart. While restarting it said it was installing the updates do not restart. When it got to the end it said there was an error and un-installing the update.
The winner was to go into “Programs and Features”. In the “Windows” updates area find the troubling KB and remove it. Run the update manually and this should resolve that issue.