Had a friend with an issue with Chrome not opening. In the task manager the “chrome.exe *32” process was running. I ended the process. Chrome would open, but unable to browse to any sites.

I found this link and fixed the problem.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/tdlOv4V4jDk[1-25-false]

Basically, unhide all files so I could get the “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome” and deleted the “User Data” folder.

Restarted Chrome and everything worked.

Continued….

I had a second client with Chrome suddenly just not opening. I ran through the first process and deleted the “User Data” folder, and Chrome would open but wouldn’t complete the action of displaying the page.

I uninstalled Chrome, ran ccleaner, and reinstalled Chrome and it all worked again.

I hope this helps someone else….