Recently attended a Drupal Camp and took a accessibility seminar presented by a guy name Charlie Cook with the National Federation of the Blind. He suggested making some changes in Firefox to make it easier to see where the “focus” is on a page.
I had trouble get the settings set up the way he described it, but I finally figured it out. Here are the steps I needed.
- Open Firefox ( my current version is 40).
- In the URL bar type in “about:config”
- Scroll down to “browser.display.background_color”
- Double-Click that line and you can enter in a new Hexidecimal color value. He suggested “#ffbbff”.
Here are the other settings he suggested to change.
- browser.display.focus_ring_on_anything – change to “true”
- browser.display.focus_ring_width – change to “3”
- browser.display.focus_text_color – change to “#000000”
- browser.display.use_focus_colors – change to “true”
I hope this helps someone else out there….