Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Hide or Remove Video Play Button on IPhone or Safari

Finished a site that has a video in the background. Looked great everywhere I viewed it; however, the client has an iPhone and the play button shows even when the video isn’t suppose to show.

This link helped me solve it.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8911247/hide-iphone-html5-video-play-button


*::-webkit-media-controls-start-playback-button {
  display: none!important;
  -webkit-appearance: none;
}

I hope this helps someone else out there…

Joomla Virtuemart – Change Sales Price Without Tax Text to What I Want

On a virtuemart project I wanted to show the Sale Price without Tax; however, I just wanted the text to read “Price”.

Joomla Language Extension to the rescue.

In the admin area go to Extensions >> Language >> Language Overrides.  Click new to create a new override.

For my case I found the “constant” in the “prices.php” file in the “Components\com_virturmart\sublayouts\prices.php”. In there the constant is listed as “COM_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_SALESPRICE_WITHOUT_TAX”.

I used the following tutorial from InMotion Hosting to figure this out.

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joomla-3/languages/overrides

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

Solved – LogMeIn File Manager Mapped Drives Not Showing

Customer uses LogMeIn’s File Manager to access files remotely. The drives weren’t showing up.

I logged onto the remote machine and the drives were there. I remapped the drives making sure to check “reconnect on login”, restarted the machine and reconnected. The drives still wouldn’t show up.

I discovered typing the path in manually and hitting enter got me connected to the drive.

\\Their-server-name\the-folder-that-was-mapped

 

This work-around worked; however, we were curious how to make it it work better.  We discovered that going into “services” on the remote machine and “restart” the logmein service allowed the user to see the mapped drives in the LogMeIn File Manager.

We still don’t know if this is a permanent fix. Typing in the path directly always worked.

I hope this helps someone else out there….