The site ahead contains malware Security error – how to fix

Clients site got the following message when users got to the site.

My journey started with the host which was wrong. It was all google this time. Here are the steps to get google to review your site and take it off the blacklist.

  1. Go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/99020?hl=en
  2. Go down to “My site…” and click on “request a review”
  3. On this page is a video to walk you through process.
  4. Next I logged into Google Webmastertools. Clicked on Messages. Clicked on the property with the malware message. And hit “Request a review”.

  5. Lastly click “I have fixed these issues.”
  6. A window will open for you to tell Google what you did to clean the site.

  7. You will get a message “Your request was submitted successfully. Please check back later.”

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

Google Chrome redirect – http://www.google.com/ig/redirectdomain?brand=TSND&bmod=TSND

Had a customer call in because he was on the LA Times website and clicked on a link that caused his browser to pop-up a Microsoft warning. The warning said he was infected and  needed to pay. He hit control-alt-delete and closed chrome. He restarted his machine and called us.

I opened Chrome and looked at the start page. It was set to “http://www.google.com/ig/redirectdomain?brand=TSND&bmod=TSND”.  When I put that URL into another browser it took me to just Google. I figured the rest was unecessary and reset his home page to just be “http://www.google.com”.

I downloaded a rootkit scan tool from Bleeping Computer and ran a quick scan. We also use Vipre Anit-virus. I updated the difinitions and ran a full deep scan with Vipre. Nothing else was wrong.

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

Adding Emma to SPF Record

We got asked to help with a SPF record to be added because the client is starting to use My Emma for email marketing.

The client is using Office 365 for email and a Godaddy reseller account for their domain. I logged into their reseller account. Went to Domains and clicked on “DNS Zone File”.  Clicked on the pen and paper icon to edit this record.

Here was the original setting:

v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

I changed it to: ;

v=spf1 a mx include:e2ma.net include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

Explorer.exe Windows can not access the specified device, Path, of file windows 7

Had a customer with this issue.

She was in a hurry and didn’t care to fix it. We could use the Start Button and to Computer to access the drives. I found a link that others have said fixed the issue for them.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947215/you-receive-a-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-error-message

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

Setting Up Yahoo Email In Outlook 2013

Had an issue setting up a users Yahoo account in Outlook. I followed the directions here, but it would authenticate.

https://www.technipages.com/add-yahoo-mail-outlook

What I found to work for me was the following:

  • Type of Account: POP3
  • Incoming Server:  pop.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server:  smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Click on more settings and go to Advanced
  • Use 993 with SSL
  • Port 465 on the outgoing
  • Check “must use secure …”, “logon using same as ….” setting.
  • Click Okay.

The issue we had is with Yahoo. Login into the yahoo account. Click on the user name in the upper right and select account setting. On the security tab scroll down and turn on allow unsecure.

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

 

Setting Up Email to Forward In Exchange

The newer version of Exchange is set up like Office 365. Here are the steps you will take.

  1. Log into the Exchange Management Console.
  2. Double-click on the users name to want the email account you want to forward.
  3. Click on Mailbox Features.
  4. Scroll down to Mail Flow
  5. Check Enable Forwarding and select the user

Here is Microsofts page for this.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351134(v=exchg.150).aspx

I hope this helps someone else out there….