Joomla Kickstart Restore – Blank White Page

Moved site from Localhost to Godaddy hosting and after I restored the site I got a completely blank screen in both the front end and backend. The source was completely blank.

I found this on OSTraining.com that let me see the errors by editing the “configuration.php” file in the CPanel. I changed “public $error_reporting = ‘development’;”.

https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/white-screen-of-death/

I was now getting an error.

Error:
/home/myaccount/public_html/plugins/system/chronoengine_gcore2/chronoengine_gcore2.php on line 65

I recently upgraded the Chronoforms from version 5 to 6 while keeping 5 around. Their website said this was okay to do.

The site was working fine and this error seem to happen because of the restore. The restore was done through Akeeba Kickstart.

https://www.akeebabackup.com/support/akeeba-backup-3x/Ticket/27368-fatal-error-when-restoring-website.html

The end results was file permissions. My hosting account wouldn’t let me select a different PHP version. I had to contact tech support and they were surprised and had to go up to teir 3 to get it resolved. They determined it my CPanel account that was having permission issues to allow me to change the PHP version.

Once that was changed I was still unable to access the sites. I could put a HTML file there but couldn’t run any PHP. The folder permissions on the public folder needed to be reset to “750”. My sub-domain directories needed to be set to “755”. Godaddy said if I right-click on the folder I could change the permissions myself.

 

I hope this helps someone else out there….

 

Godaddy Hosted Website Attacked – PHP Files In Directories

We have a static HTML site built in 2013 that we maintain. We got a notification from Godaddy that there were malicious files in the website. I started to remove them, but wanted to see what was in them. When I opened one of the files that was 3 level into the website it was extremely complicated. It looks like part of many arrays and just pulling parts of multiple arrays. I believe the end goal is to assemble the final script. It looks like this.

Another interesting thing about this attack is the date of the file. It is from 2013. I had made a complete back of the site on 2/15/2016, but the bad files were from 2013. None of the bad files were in my back in 2016.

Nothing was solved. I removed the old files and updated the .htaccess file. I found it interesting how the date could be manipulated.

I hope this helps someone one else out there….

 

Godaddy CPanel PHP 2m upload_max_filesize – How To Change.

My Joomla install told me the upload_max_filesize is 2M. I changed this in my PHP5.ini file on the server, but this had no effect. I learned later that this takes time to become in effect.

A faster way is to “PHP Selector”. You will see “Switch to PHP Options” in the upper-right. Click on this.  Click on the number next to “upload_max_filesize” and change it to what you want. Godaddy said to keep it under a Gig or you will have issues.

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

Akeeba For WordPress – Kickstart AJAX Loading Error 500

Moving a customers WordPress site to a new hosting plan I ran into this error.

This turned out to be an semi-easy fix. The website size was too large for the hosting. Well not really; however, Akeeba requires 2.5 times the size of the site to fully extract the site.

I looked at the website files to see where I could trim some fat. The site was 400 megs.  There was a folder called “wp-snapshots” which held a backup. I removed all the extraneous files including my first Akeeba backup. Made a new backup which was only 40 megs. This time when I ran Kickstart the site installed without an issue.

I hope this helps someone else out there…