Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Solved – Outlook Deleted Email Address From Group Now Group Is Gone

Had a customer who wanted to update an Outlook contact who is part of a group email address. When we deleted the user in the group the group was gone.

We looked at was to recover. The big suggestion was to recover deleted items. We went into deleted items but the group wasn’t there. They are running an internal Exchange 2012. We looked at there OWA to try to recover.

The following article helps me solve this. It was the least technical link, but solved my issue.

http://forum.groovypost.com/microsoft-office/help-outlook-deleted-an-entire-mail-group-t95663.html

The big issue is when you delete a group it goes into the deleted items with the date the group was started and not the date the group was deleted. I went back into the deleted items and at the bottom there was a link to see more and the item I was looking for was at the bottom.

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

 

Setting Up Yahoo Email In Outlook 2013

Had an issue setting up a users Yahoo account in Outlook. I followed the directions here, but it would authenticate.

https://www.technipages.com/add-yahoo-mail-outlook

What I found to work for me was the following:

  • Type of Account: POP3
  • Incoming Server:  pop.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server:  smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Click on more settings and go to Advanced
  • Use 993 with SSL
  • Port 465 on the outgoing
  • Check “must use secure …”, “logon using same as ….” setting.
  • Click Okay.

The issue we had is with Yahoo. Login into the yahoo account. Click on the user name in the upper right and select account setting. On the security tab scroll down and turn on allow unsecure.

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

 

Setting Up Email to Forward In Exchange

The newer version of Exchange is set up like Office 365. Here are the steps you will take.

  1. Log into the Exchange Management Console.
  2. Double-click on the users name to want the email account you want to forward.
  3. Click on Mailbox Features.
  4. Scroll down to Mail Flow
  5. Check Enable Forwarding and select the user

Here is Microsofts page for this.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd351134(v=exchg.150).aspx

I hope this helps someone else out there….

 

We have client that we recently moved their email from Godaddy POP account to a Microsoft 365 exchange account. A week later her Outlook email client was flashing the text “there are more items in this folder on the server”.

I quick search lead me to the following video on the old YouTube that totally resolved the issue. Which was to uncheck the Offline Caching.

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

Solved EMET detected Caller mitigation and will close the application: OUTLOOK.EXE

Customer had this issue this morning. They were running EMET 5.2.

emet_outlook

I upgraded EMET to 5.5, and restarted the machine. Didn’t fix the issue.

I updated the Symantic End Point software and ran a scan. While scanning another co-worker suggested opening Outlook in safe mode. Holding the control button and double-clicking the toolbar icon for Outlook the program opened without the EMET warning.

We disabled a couple of Add-ins in Outlook. Restarted the program several times and EMET never popped up again.

I hope this helps someone else out there….

 

Microsoft Outlook has stopped working – Eblast Email

We got some calls about issue today. Customers Outlook would crash and restart when clicking on an email with images. Email was working on November 10, 2015. Now on November 11, 2015 it is crashing. One customer mentioned the machine did a bunch of updates the night before.

I looked at the lastest installed Microsoft updates. There were a bunch on 11-11-2015. I started uninstalling any related directly to Outlook. In one case this customer was using Outlook 2010. There were several:

  • kb3085560
  • kb2553305

None of these fixed the issue. There were around 15 more updates specifically related to Office. I didn’t get into uninstalling these one at a time, because it was taking about 5 minutes per update. It wouldn’t let me group remove the updates.

I was unable to resolve the issue, but I got 3 calls about the same thing. Hoping Microsoft discovers the error and fixes this in there next set of patches.

 

I hope this helps someone else out there….