Had a friend with an issue with Chrome not opening. In the task manager the “chrome.exe *32” process was running. I ended the process. Chrome would open, but unable to browse to any sites.
I found this link and fixed the problem.
Basically, unhide all files so I could get the “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome” and deleted the “User Data” folder.
Restarted Chrome and everything worked.
I had a second client with Chrome suddenly just not opening. I ran through the first process and deleted the “User Data” folder, and Chrome would open but wouldn’t complete the action of displaying the page.
I uninstalled Chrome, ran ccleaner, and reinstalled Chrome and it all worked again.
I hope this helps someone else….