I have connected Google Analytics with Google Webmaster (Search Console) a million times, but something has changed. When I went to link the two from Analytics I got prompted to choose my method “Domain” or “URL”.
I chose “Domain” and used a TXT record in the DNS setting to verify the domain. This worked fine and the site got verified in seconds; however, in Analytics the domain still didn’t show. Some research lead me to the following article.
There seems to be an issue with the Domain Method. I deleted the Property and added it back as URL instead of Domain. It got verified right-a-way and was now available in Analytics.
I hope this helps someone else out there…