Gantry Adding ARIA Labels

This all started with running an accessibility test on a website I run and discovered I could do more to improve the site’s ADA. I used the following tool to start the process.

https://wave.webaim.org/report#/https://www.scdit.com/#null

This showed me my Drop-Down or Flyout menu in Gantry Hydrogen template didn’t allow for tabbing and also didn’t have a ARIA-Label. I thought it would be good to add them, but couldn’t find where to put them. I did a search and found this article.

https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/1888

I could find the file “menu.html.twig“, but eventually found it here at this path “site root/media/gantry5/engines/nucleus/particles/“.

Here is another article discussing this topic in the Joomla core.

https://pbwebdev.com/blog/adding-wai-aria-landmarks-to-joomla

Here is an article for adding ARIA Label to a dropdown menu item.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/menus/flyout/

In the end I was able to accomplish what I wanted by doing this:

  • Find and open the “menu.html.twig” file
  • Around line 44 add the following:
    {% set arialabel = ‘ aria-label=”‘ ~ item.link_title|default(item.title)|e ~ ‘”‘ %}
  • Around line 81 add the following to start of this line:
    <li {{ arialabel }} class=”g-menu-item g-menu-item-type-{{ item.type }}

I hope this helps someone else out there….

Joomla – Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

I started getting emails several times a day from a customer’s website. The whole message was :

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

Oleg240170@mail.ru
    host mxs.mail.ru [94.100.180.104]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    550 spam message rejected. Please visit http://help.mail.ru/notspam-support/id?c=4-MIiXod8zc7sHtw55eQjviDdemyJDJvBOiPJah130hjLxCvG-FjARUAAADt5QAA44RPJw~~ or  report details to abuse@corp.mail.ru. Error code:
    8908E3E337F31D7A707BB03B8E9097E7E97583F86F3224B2258FE80448DF75A8AF102F630163E11B. ID:
    000000150000E5ED274F84E3.
Reporting-MTA: dns; se15.mailspamprotection.com

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822;Oleg240170@mail.ru
Status: 5.0.0
Remote-MTA: dns; mxs.mail.ru
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 spam message rejected. Please visit http://help.mail.ru/notspam-support/id?c=4-MIiXod8zc7sHtw55eQjviDdemyJDJvBOiPJah130hjLxCvG-FjARUAAADt5QAA44RPJw~~ or  report details to abuse@corp.mail.ru. Error code: 8908E3E337F31D7A707BB03B8E9097E7E97583F86F3224B2258FE80448DF75A8AF102F630163E11B. ID: 000000150000E5ED274F84E3.

SubjectAccount Details for Чтоб перестроить жизнь, необходимы познания: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16WCSDEeBboOGGsZoHYaYAKoKVAtD8lmh/view?usp=sharing 📅🎊🔝 at Shockers Smoke Shop
FromShockers Smoke Shop
ToOleg240170@mail.ru
DateMon 21:01

Hello Чтоб перестроить жизнь, необходимы познания:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16WCSDEeBboOGGsZoHYaYAKoKVAtD8lmh/view?usp=sharing

I contacted the hosting company to see if the email portion is being blasted with emails, but it wasn’t. I really didn’t want the customer to be getting these emails. Plus I didn’t want the domain becoming black listed. The hosting was eliminated as an issue.

I solved it by discovering I left the Self Registration on. Russian attackers were trying to Phish the site linking to MalWare on a Google Share. I found about 200 users tried to register, and they were all Russian. Here is what my settings were:

I hope this helps someone else out there….

Akeeba WordPress Site – Error Connecting to Database

I have done this a million times; however, today it ain’t working. I have a new wordpress site and Akeeba backup. Everything is the latest and greatest. When I used Kickstart to move the site to new hosting I get “Error Connecting to Database”.

There was a message to repair the database so I clicked link and got this page.

https://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/salt/

It wants to add the “secrets” in the config.php file with the values that this links provide. Well this didn’t help my issue.

What solved my issue was to manually update the database with the following SQL statement.

UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = replace(option_value, 'http://localhost/wordpress', 'http://www.livesite.com/wordpress') WHERE option_name = 'home'OR option_name = 'siteurl';

This is just a sample and you replace my URLs with your URLs. This didn’t work on all the test sites, but it did work on 70% of them.

The solution was to make sure in the “wp_options” table make sure “siteurl” and “home” have the the site’s URL in there.

I hope this helps someone else out there…

Photoshop Won’t Open .TIF Windows

I recently scanned several images as .TIF. When I opened one of them I got the following error:

could not complete your request because there is not enough memory (ram)

I tried adding a DWORD entry in the registry called “OverridePhysicalMemoryMB”, but this didn’t help.

I solved the issue by opening the file in Paint and just hitting Save.

I hope this helps someone else out there…