Phoca PDF now showing content

I installed the plug-in into a Joomla 3.5.1 site. The plug-in wouldn’t run at all at first till I found a fix for that. I will try to list that one as well later.

The header and header line would print but nothing else. I found the following article that fixed this for me.

http://www.phoca.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12662

It was this code I needed:

      $document = &JFactory::getDocument();
$document->setHeader($this->getHeaderText($item, $params));

$item->article_text = $item->introtext;
$item->article_text .= $item->fulltext;

echo $item->text;
$document->setArticleText($item->article_text);

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

Solved – Metaudio player in Joomla 3 not displaying file name

I kind of like the way this component  plays. I mean free…who can complain.

Metaudio component for Joomla 3 was displaying the file names as the playlist items. Just the way I wanted them. But the other playlist was listing track 01 and such. The audio files in both playlist directories had the song names as the file names.

Right-click on the audio file in question, select properties and click on the Details tab. Here you can change the name. Open the playlist back up in your joomla site and all will be good.

metaudio_1

metaudio_2

I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

Drop Down menu items blocked by another div or element

Today I was struggling with a Joomla 3.5.1 site and reusing the Protostar template. I added a slide show component and BM Cool Menu module. The sub-menu items were showing behind the slide show.

I changed the z-indexes, but that wasn’t enough. Besides the z-indexes I needed to add “position: relative;” to each div’s style and it got it all working perfectly.

I hope this helps someone else out there….

 

Joomla 3.5 site attack – PayPal.zip, pl, php, vu.txt files found in Images directory.

I had to upload a file to a customers Godaddy hosted account and discovered a bunch of unusual files.

Below is an example of  a directory in the images folder. On the right there was a folder called “login”. In that folder was a complete site for accepting credit cards. I have spent any time figuring out exactly is going on.

joomla_3_5_attack

The files were also right in the root directory of the site.

When I navigate to the login folder within WAMP it is a fake PayPal login page.

joomla_attack_paypal

In site the “vu.txt” file was the following.

178.153.89.221  –  2016-4-01 @ 23:20:04
178.153.89.221  –  2016-4-01 @ 23:25:50

I hope this helps someone else out there….

 

FontAwesome for web icons

I recently purchased a template for joomla site that uses fontAwesome. It was wonderful. Below is link to see how it works and to downloaded it.

https://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/

I found that when I go to edit a custom module with Font Awesome <i> tags I had two issues:

  1. JCE ( Joomla Content Editor ) – Would change the <i> to <em> when I saved the module. Below is an article on how to fix that.
    https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum/jce-and-font-awesome
  2. TinyMCE Editor – I couldn’t see any source code.I have found if I switch the default Joomla editor to “codemirror” I can see everything in the source code in order to edit it.

    In the administrative area go to Global Configuration >> Default Editor >> Editor – CodeMirror.

    I hope this helps someone else out there…

 

Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware quarantined necessary files in WAMP server

I upgraded a localhost version of a Joomla 3.4.8 website to version 3.5. When I did Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware quarantined some Apache files and a registration key.

malwarebytes_ransomware_WAMP

When I tried to view the sites front end looked like this.

malwarebytes_ransomware_WAMP_broke

This all happened after the 3.5 upgrade and then I tried to update Akeeba. Mid way through I was warned by Malwarebytes Ransomware about the files. My other sites were still working fine.