I had someone write regarding a spelling error on a website I maintain. Its was a small one in a menu item, but in some way all errors look bad. They suggested SpellScan.com. I used it on a couple of sites and found a couple of other legitimate errors.
After the scan scroll down to find the spelling errors as well as other errors.
I wanted to redirect the new user sign up to a specific page and not the main site URL. I was frustrated in the process at first; however, really enjoyed the flexibility of Language Overrides in Joomla. I read a couple of articles and just didn’t get it till I read this post and went through the process.
I was using a Gantry template and in order to get the process to look the way I wanted it I needed to revise my .yaml file for the home page, and move the default “Message” and “Content” particles to a new layout.
When the user got to the screen where they needed to change their password, and changed it I wanted to redirect them back the employee portal page. The following article helped me figure this out.
I ended up changing the “<joomla-root>/components/com_users/controllers/profile.php” line 225. I set the URL to the NON-Search Engine friendly link. The line ended up changing from “$redirect = ‘index.php?option=com_users&view=profile&user_id=’ . $return;”
“$redirect = ‘index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=19&Itemid=149’;”, which was the page for the portal.
I have come across this developer’s stuff a couple of times, but never really appreciated his contributions to the community. He has a plug-in called EngageBox that is so much fun to put on a site. Check it out here.
Needed to target a h3 tag in a div on a Joomla site that was on the home page. The div was in a div with the selector of “itemprop=”articleBody””. I was happy to find my answer quickly from the following link.
I was getting the annoying hardware connect sound and then hardware disconnect sound repeatedly every 7 seconds or so on my Windows 10 machine when the monitor went into sleep mode. I messed with the sound settings and sleep mode, but didn’t get it stop doing it. I was able to fix it from this thread.
The answer turned out to be the monitor. I have dual monitors. One is a Samsung TV and the other is a I-INC. It turned out to be the I-INC monitor. On the monitor go into its menu and set the input of the DVI to not be auto.
This showed me my Drop-Down or Flyout menu in Gantry Hydrogen template didn’t allow for tabbing and also didn’t have a ARIA-Label. I thought it would be good to add them, but couldn’t find where to put them. I did a search and found this article.