I was getting the annoying hardware connect sound and then hardware disconnect sound repeatedly every 7 seconds or so on my Windows 10 machine when the monitor went into sleep mode. I messed with the sound settings and sleep mode, but didn’t get it stop doing it. I was able to fix it from this thread.
The answer turned out to be the monitor. I have dual monitors. One is a Samsung TV and the other is a I-INC. It turned out to be the I-INC monitor. On the monitor go into its menu and set the input of the DVI to not be auto.
This showed me my Drop-Down or Flyout menu in Gantry Hydrogen template didn’t allow for tabbing and also didn’t have a ARIA-Label. I thought it would be good to add them, but couldn’t find where to put them. I did a search and found this article.
I have done this a million times; however, today it ain’t working. I have a new wordpress site and Akeeba backup. Everything is the latest and greatest. When I used Kickstart to move the site to new hosting I get “Error Connecting to Database”.
There was a message to repair the database so I clicked link and got this page.
The best reason to suffer doing this is to retain the historical data; moreover, keep the page visit counts from the time the 2.5 site was started. I discovered I had to start the conversion with PHP 5.6. I had an old version of XXAMP that allowed me to do this. I tried on PHP 7.X and it didn’t work. I started with a restored Akeeba backup of the old site. I then upgraded the site to 3.X, and worked on the template till the review board okayed the full designs. I restored another version of the current site and moved the JEvents Database tables over to the completed board approved copy.
Make an Akeeba backup and download a copy of the original existing site and restore it somewhere. I use XXAMP.
Run through the upgrade process. Make sure to upgrade to 2.5.8. Disable the ” System – Backup on update ” plug-in since you can just restore it if you need to. Here are the directions. You will have to migrate to Joomla 3.5.1 first and then upgrade.
Disable the “System – Remember Me” plug-in.
Go to Joomla Update and hit the “Options” button in the upper right to switch “Joomla Update Configuration” to “Short Term Support” and save and close. You can now update to 3.5.1 automatically.
Run the installer. If everything goes well you be up to 3.5.1
From there I could upgrade to 3.6.5. You will need to log back in to finish the update.
I “Check for update” button and got 3.9.13 update.
I turned off the error reporting just to check the site out to view JEvents, and there were no events, so i used “install from the web” to reinstall the component right on top of the existing component and all the events were back.
Go into PHPmyAdmin and export the following tables
Copy over images remembering to skip any images that are already there.
Got an email from a customer who got a quote request with an email address ending in “@maildrop.cc“. I used “mailtester.com” to first test the email and it came back as a valid email address. I went to the domain “maildrop.cc” in the browser and saw this is a service.
They give you a temporary email address for just 24 hours. It is used to fill out forms where you don’t trust how they handle your information. I decided to give it try.
Just create an email address that uses the “@maildrop.cc”.
You will see the “View Inbox” button. Just click on this to see the messages. You are allowed up to 10 messages.
It took about 15 minutes for the emails to show up in the “@maildrop.cc” mailbox.
I recently updated a WordPress site to 5.3 but the update didn’t finish. The instructions were to read the email in admin email. I didn’t get the email. After a Google search I ended up on this page which helped me solve the issue.
I have a Joomla 3.9.x site running on a Windows IIS ver. 10 server that wouldn’t allow me to install Fabrik. I decided to move it to my local XXAMP install it there and if everything goes well I would replace the site on the windows server with this new site that had the Fabrik installed. Running the Akeeba Kickstart the database wouldn’t restore.
I was getting ” ErrNo #1273 Unknown collation: ‘utf8mb4_unicode_ci’ “. This response from Nicolas was the solution I needed.
Well Google give you a 300.00 credit to get started and once that was set up I was up and running. The problem came in when I needed more than 5 projects and my free trail ran out. It wasn’t obvious to me when my Maps Module in DIVI wasn’t working. I needed to set up a new Billing Account in Google Cloud Platform. I was able to move some of the other accounts in the free account over to the new account. The following videos were a big help for me getting this worked out.