Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Joomla 2.5 – Virtuemart – Failed to retrieve the Currency Converter XML document error

After upgrading a Joomla 1.5 site to a 2.5 site I would get “Failed to retrieve the Currency Converter XML document” on the shipping method page. I found the fix here.

  1. FTP’ed to the clients host and downloaded the following file.
  2. Opened it in dreamweaver and edited line 57.

    var $document_address = ‘’;

    to be

    var $document_address = ‘’;

After that I didn’t get the error.



Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.