I was getting the annoying hardware connect sound and then hardware disconnect sound repeatedly every 7 seconds or so on my Windows 10 machine when the monitor went into sleep mode. I messed with the sound settings and sleep mode, but didn’t get it stop doing it. I was able to fix it from this thread.
The answer turned out to be the monitor. I have dual monitors. One is a Samsung TV and the other is a I-INC. It turned out to be the I-INC monitor. On the monitor go into its menu and set the input of the DVI to not be auto.
This showed me my Drop-Down or Flyout menu in Gantry Hydrogen template didn’t allow for tabbing and also didn’t have a ARIA-Label. I thought it would be good to add them, but couldn’t find where to put them. I did a search and found this article.
I contacted the hosting company to see if the email portion is being blasted with emails, but it wasn’t. I really didn’t want the customer to be getting these emails. Plus I didn’t want the domain becoming black listed. The hosting was eliminated as an issue.
I solved it by discovering I left the Self Registration on. Russian attackers were trying to Phish the site linking to MalWare on a Google Share. I found about 200 users tried to register, and they were all Russian. Here is what my settings were:
I have done this a million times; however, today it ain’t working. I have a new wordpress site and Akeeba backup. Everything is the latest and greatest. When I used Kickstart to move the site to new hosting I get “Error Connecting to Database”.
There was a message to repair the database so I clicked link and got this page.
I would assume that it is not unlimited, but I haven’t actually set a standard for myself for this piece like I have for the Title and Description. I realized today there absolutely a limit and the number is “70” characters. This includes “www“, “the domain name“, possibly a “category“, and then the page URL with the file extension such as “.html”.
On a page I had lengthy URL, but it got worse when the category and domain name was included. Here is an example of what I had.
Finishing off a DIVI WordPress site and refining the SEO. The first run through the SEO using Yoast Plugin I used Google’s “site:yourdomain.com“, and made the URLs what I wanted. A few days later I was checking Google again to see the progress on the rankings and discovered Google had now indexed the DIVI Projects categories. The theme I was using had some sample projected that I ended up not using; however, they got indexed.
Final conclusion is if you are not using it get rid of it. In my case I was linking to pages I didn’t want public.
I had a working Chronoforms 5 form that I just changed a few dates and suddenly stopped working. I tried debugging the form; however, the form wasn’t submitting to the next page for the debugger to even show me the variables. I found my answer here.
In the Form go the “Set up” tab. In the “on load” section you will have a “HTML (Render Form)” action. Edit this and toward the bottom you will see “Relative URL“, set this to “No“. It has something to do with SEO options.
While working with a template purchased from DIVICake the home page had 3 blurbs and I needed 4. I copied the modules from the third to a new 4 column and everything looked good. When I exited the page builder the new column and blurb were spaced wrong and other CSS styles were not working correctly.
After suffering some time I looked into DIVI’s caching and this fixed my issue. Here is the path.
DIVI >> Theme Options >> Builder >> Advanced
Turn off “Static CSS Generation” till the site goes live.