Kyrocera printer issue 0x00000006

Customer called in because their network printer Kyrocera wasn’t printing. When I logged into the server and tried a test print I got this “0x00000006” error. Some Mac users could print but no PC’s could.

How this got semi fixed was to uninstall the printer on the server and reinstall a driver and then deploy through group policy. Users will  need to remove the printer then add it back. Click on add a printer >> Network printer >> this will install the printer with the new driver. You shouldn’t need to restart.

I hope this helps someone else…

Joomla 3.3.5 upgrade to 3.3.6 – ERROR: Invalid login

I recently logged into my Joomla 3.3.5 site and got the following message to upgrade to 3.3.6.

upgrade_35_36_message

When I went to do the upgrade a site from 3.3.5 to 3.3.6 and got the following error:

upgrade_35_36_error

Login issue.

I was able to do a manual update. I downloaded the update package and unzip the files into my joomla install directory and the upgrade worked.

My environment is WAMP, so everything was local. This maybe different with a live site on a hosting platform.

I hope this helps someone else….

 

Task ‘Microsoft Exchange’ reported error(0x8004010F)

Had a client that wasn’t receiving certain emails from important clients. I allowed the email address in Exchange, but the emails still didn’t go through and the sender never got a bounce back. I tested on my end and got a message that the attachment was too large.

I jumped into exchange and increased the allowable size. This article showed me how.

http://zahirshahblog.com/2010/05/25/25-may-2010-1716/

Installing guest additions on VirtualBox Ubuntu 14.04

I recently install Ubuntu 14.04 into a Oracle’s VirtualBox. This went fine, but I was unable to get the desktop to resize to my host machines.

I selected “Devices >> install guesst additions”. It installed and I restarted, but still nothing. I tried manual ways and bunch of stuff, but nothing worked till I ran this command in terminal.

sudo apt-get install virtualbox-guest-dkms

Restarted the virtual machine and everything worked.

This link helped me.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2198058

I hope this helps someone else.

laranitas free content source – for real?

The title should be “laranitas free content source – is this for real?”

This service commented on this site so I wanted to see what they wrote. The comment was in broken english, so I made the title reflect their comment.

This service takes / scrapes content from other sites, rewrites it, and posts it back on to your site.

My content comes from my experiences, and is written so I remember how to fix thing or helps someone else fix things.

This site is built with WordPress, and I have been getting a lot of spammed comments in the past few months. No harm on the site …yet.

Asido PHP image processing solution – resize not working

I was given a project that uses Asido PHP Image Processing Solution. I couldn’t get the Asido to work in the recent version of WAMP 2.5 or on my CentOS virtual server. I did get it to work on another machine running WAMP.

Turns out Asido works with PHP 5, but not 5.5. The major issue is was “allow_call_time_pass_reference” was set to off. This function is depreciated in 5.4. I uninstalled WAMP 2.5 and installed 2.0 which uses PHP 5.3 and Asido worked.

Here is a link that sort of lead to the right path.

http://sourceforge.net/p/asido/bugs/7/

I hope this helps someone else.

Chrome won’t reopen – chrome.exe *32 process still running

Had a friend with an issue with Chrome not opening. In the task manager the “chrome.exe *32” process was running. I ended the process. Chrome would open, but unable to browse to any sites.

I found this link and fixed the problem.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/tdlOv4V4jDk[1-25-false]

Basically, unhide all files so I could get the “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome” and deleted the “User Data” folder.

Restarted Chrome and everything worked.

Continued….

I had a second client with Chrome suddenly just not opening. I ran through the first process and deleted the “User Data” folder, and Chrome would open but wouldn’t complete the action of displaying the page.

I uninstalled Chrome, ran ccleaner, and reinstalled Chrome and it all worked again.

I hope this helps someone else….